Pac 12 Pigskin Message Board

August West
Unless the guy commits a crime or shows up to work loaded. LOL

But if SC loses to WSU or Zona, do you tarmac him?
Quote 0 0
D CLEATER
Helckett should just begin driving himself to games if he loses to WAZZU at home.  Best to have reliable transportation on site.  He might want to consider putting a camper shell on his F150

DC
Quote 0 0
Hoss
August West wrote:
Unless the guy commits a crime or shows up to work loaded. LOL

But if SC loses to WSU or Zona, do you tarmac him?


Been thinking about this. I'd honestly rather let Clay twist in the wind all season and can him the day after ND drops half a hundred on him then go through the interim nonsense again.

Can you even imagine if we can Clay, make Tee the interim and then beat a couple shitty Pac-12 teams in a row? Plaschke will start writing articles about Tee's shitty childhood in some ghetto somewhere and how he's "earned his shot." The rah rahs will say he's a great recruiter and the "kids love him." The players will sign some petition demanding Tee be their coach.

And I'll have the barrel of a .45 in my mouth just waiting for Lynn to announce a press conference to make Tee the permanent head coach.

Fuck that. I can take 2 more months of Clay if it means a clean break from the last decade of bullshit.
Quote 0 0
August West
Hoss wrote:


Been thinking about this. I'd honestly rather let Clay twist in the wind all season and can him the day after ND drops half a hundred on him then go through the interim nonsense again.

Can you even imagine if we can Clay, make Tee the interim and then beat a couple shitty Pac-12 teams in a row? Plaschke will start writing articles about Tee's shitty childhood in some ghetto somewhere and how he's "earned his shot." The rah rahs will say he's a great recruiter and the "kids love him." The players will sign some petition demanding Tee be their coach.

And I'll have the barrel of a .45 in my mouth just waiting for Lynn to announce a press conference to make Tee the permanent head coach.

Fuck that. I can take 2 more months of Clay if it means a clean break from the last decade of bullshit.


I get it. The interim fiasco is the reason we are here today. But Tee would not do shit, in fact, it’d be worse. 
But we do need a clean break....we need to cut out all of the rot from the Pete Carroll coaching tree.
Quote 0 0
CMIII
They should keep him on staff until the day after the ND game. They should tell him now that he won't be back after the regular season concludes.
Quote 0 0
909trojan
CMIII wrote:
They should keep him on staff until the day after the ND game. They should tell him now that he won't be back after the regular season concludes.


This. It shows potential hires that you gave him a chance to turn it around - ðŸ™„ - and you don't allow a guy like clancy to put together a mini winning streak against a soft PAC12 and get player support again. And after the ND debacle is not too late, there is still enough time for coaches/ agents to throw their hat in the ring.
Quote 0 0
August West
909trojan wrote:


This. It shows potential hires that you gave him a chance to turn it around - Ã°Å¸â„¢â€ž - and you don't allow a guy like clancy to put together a mini winning streak against a soft PAC12 and get player support again. And after the ND debacle is not too late, there is still enough time for coaches/ agents to throw their hat in the ring.


I agree...the interim deal is never a good thing. 50% like him, 50% hate him, and it clouds the judgment of the next hire....when you really need to cut out all of the rot. Fact is, the interim is complicit in the shitty play that got the HC fired.

BTW, SC played one good quarter vs Texas, it was 14-3 after 1Q, it was a dumpster fire after that.  Do people forget we gave up 34 unanswered points?

FWIW, the UT fans were fantastic. VERY gracious and respectful. We got treated really well. I'd go back there for a game no matter who was playing. Several Horns told me to trip down to A&M for a great gameday experience, one of the best they said. Only a couple hours for me. SMU is a fun little joint. Been to Waco/Baylor several times, but not for a game. Saw Lady, the female bear this past weekend in her pen, as Baylor had a home game. Going to the Red River Shootout this year with a Sooner buddy. Cotton Bowl is a cool joint. Saw Washington beat Southern Miss there a few years ago. The one I really want to see is TCU, but it can be a tough ducket I'm told. May need to scalp that one. So much good CFB within 3 hours drive here. Bitchen!
Quote 0 0

Return to Top of Page